Our MBA Intern role is a high-visibility role tasked with identifying large opportunities to achieve growth and solving major issues in our business. We’re still early on in our journey, none of our processes are sacred, and we’re looking for the right person to help us scale quickly and smartly. In this role, you can expect to work on projects like the following:
- Operational process improvement: helping create a best-in-class cross-market leasing process so we can efficiently rent the thousands of properties on our platform
- Organizational design: thinking through which roles and functions we need at a local vs. central level to most effectively serve our 13 (and growing!) markets
- Strategy and insights: building out dashboards to gauge where we’re over- and under-performing, then designing action plans for how to address the problem areas you’ve uncovered
This is a hands-on role and we’re looking for someone who is motivated about what we’re building and eager to grow with our team.
Who you are
- Enthusiastic and adaptable: you are excited to work in an early-stage, high-growth, operationally complex technology start-up
- Superior project manager: you enjoy owning processes from start to finish and are self-motivated to get things done
- Cross-functional collaborator: you enjoy collaborating with colleagues who have relevant expertise outside operations to ensure we’re building the best processes possible
- Natural problem solver: you love identifying problems and opportunities and solving them in a creative way
- Comfortable working in white space: you thrive working in an environment where you don’t have all the answers and need to create structure without a set roadmap
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Pursuing an MBA
- Proficient in Excel and data analysis
- Able to thrive in fast-paced environment with lots of white space* This internship will require you to obtain a stipend or sponsorship from your school or program
- 3-6+ years of work experience in consulting, finance, or tech
* This internship will require you to obtain a stipend or sponsorship from your school or program
About Great Jones:
Great Jones brings ease and performance to rental ownership and living, starting by reinventing property management for the several trillion (!) dollars in rental homes owned by small-scale investors.
We’re replacing an experience that has historically been heavily operational, low-tech, and stressful with one delivered through modern software, thoughtful experience design, real benefits of scale, and the right blend of local & centralized operations.
By providing a seamless, full-service experience for owners and residents, we aim to make ownership worry-free and more profitable for the 25 million Americans who own rental homes. In doing so, we become the operating system around our owners’ most valuable investments, as well as our residents’ homes.
And we’re doing this within an enormous addressable market, with highly attractive unit economics, where competition is deeply fragmented and notorious for subpar service.
We are growing rapidly with nationwide expansion on deck -- headquartered in Manhattan with on-the-ground operations in 20 markets across 9 states.
Our leadership team has built digital platforms and operational machines that have powered hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of transactions for marketplace businesses like 1stdibs, Skillshare, and Warby Parker.
We’ve raised over $30 million (including our recently closed Series B) from top investors including Crosslink Capital, Navitas Capital, Zigg Capital, Juxtapose, and top NYC angels & real estate entrepreneurs including Kevin Ryan, David Rosenblatt, and Jason Finger, who have founded or led companies such as Seamless, Gilt Groupe, MongoDB, DoubleClick, 1stdibs, Floored, and others.