MBA Summer Associate at Redesign Health
Redesign Health is a healthcare innovation platform. We bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors to launch companies that transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives. Our first companies include Candid, Lively, Ever/Body, and Vault Health. We’re capitalized with permanent capital from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs.
About the Role
Redesign Health is looking for an MBA Summer Associate to participate in our internship program during Summer 2020. This position is an opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience in the thriving field of consumer health and to learn more about how a high-growth venture studio operates.
Interns will work directly with the leadership team at one of Redesign’s operating companies in the process of launching. Ideal candidates are highly motivated and curious entrepreneurs who are comfortable with taking initiative and hungry for a challenge.Responsibilities:
In collaboration with the CEO and founding team, you will help execute on the go-to-market strategy and work on various projects across the business such as:
- Establishing and tracking key performance indicators.
- Performing competitive analysis and identifying current best practices and market leaders.
- Sizing the existing customer market, as well as identifying trends and relative positioning.
- Driving and executing on various strategic projects across product, partnerships, fundraising, business development, etc.
- Currently pursuing a full-time MBA from an accredited university.
- Experience working in a high-pressure start-up environment with exposure to multidisciplinary teams (preferred), and/or experience with a top-tier consulting firm, technology firm or VC fund.
- Biased for action – you’re known for getting things done, and you enjoy having ownership over projects.
- Curious – you want to learn, and you like exploring and digging into problems.
- Resourceful – you know how to make a little go a long way.
- Team player – you can plan, prioritize and organize work efficiently within a team.
- 1+ years experience with strategy development, business planning and go-to-market strategy definition and execution, as well as quantitative and financial modeling.
- Experience/familiarity with the healthcare space.
- Demonstrated leadership across all stages of developing a business model, including market research, product development, incubation and product launch.
What Redesign is all about
Redesign’s mission is to empower people to live their healthiest lives by elevating patient experiences, increasing information transparency, and democratizing access to high-quality healthcare.
Our vision is to connect extraordinary people and ideas with capital and resources to create better healthcare solutions.
At Redesign, we value achieving results thoughtfully, quickly, and compassionately. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Solve for impact: Healthcare is complex and opaque, but we’re positioned to meet the challenge. If not us, then who?
- Patients first: We are all consumers of healthcare. We create real solutions for real needs.
- Outcome over egos: Our work is bigger than us. What we’re building together is greater than the sum of the parts.
- Bias for action: We move fast, but we’re deliberate. We don’t delay success or failure.
- Continuous learning: We seek feedback early and often. Iteration and insight allow us to connect the dots and are key to our process.
- Practice good intent: We take our work seriously, but we’re never too busy to be kind.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We choose our team members based on merit and business needs. It's the right thing to do.