Network Management and Services Intern at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want an intern who is passionate about creating products that you and your peers would love.
The Network Management and Services team is looking for an Intern to revamp and modernize our Regional Network Services(RNS) infrastructure. RNS provides the critical infra needed for our VPC product to serve thousands of customers with droplets deployed across all our data centers. We are looking for someone who can help us move the Regional Network Services to a modern Kubernetes based platform. It will be a great opportunity to get your hands dirty in Go, MySQL and explore our micro services architecture with all the latest technologies related to Observability i.e. LightStep, Prometheus, Grafana. It will be a great opportunity to work on a complex distributed architecture that enables droplet networking at DigitalOcean.What You’ll Do:
- Solving problems with distributed systems to reduce bottlenecks, single points of failures and inter-dependencies of our many regions.
- Building new and advanced infrastructure services that support deployment of millions of customer droplets across multiple datacenters.
- Designing and building highly efficient micro-services to enable new features and internal tooling around the virtual network stack.
- Debugging/troubleshooting complex production issues across datacenters.
- Diving deep into the ocean of highly available & fault-tolerant virtual networking.
- Participating in a team effort to improve visibility on various network metrics.
- Using technologies and tools such as: Linux, Go, GRPC, Docker, Open vSwitch, Prometheus, MySQL, and others!
- Expertise with at least two of the following languages: Go, Perl, Python, C/C++
- Knowledge of building distributed systems using a microservices architecture
- Knowledge of networking and network layers
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to be an intern here, and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.