Network Products Intern at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want an intern who is passionate about creating products that you and your peers would love.
Network Products team is looking for an intern to explore API improvements development and to help create automated tests and performance validation suits for the Domains project. The ideal intern has some programming and networking expertise and is willing to take on an open-ended problem, to generate and test validation and failure scenarios.What You'll Be Doing:
- Participate in design, implementation, tests and documentation of Network Product services
- Help improve our toolings and automated tests
- Use technologies and tools such as: Go, SQL, Git, Jira, Prometheus
- Computer Science or Network Engineering major
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work in teams
- Experience programming in Go, C, C++, or Java and unit tests
- Knowledge of application networking
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to be an intern here, and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note, our intern program will be held remotely this summer.