Northeast Market Operations Summer Fellow at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community based organizations and a leading commercial partner, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, taking capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
About the role:
We’re seeking a Summer Fellow to join our Northeast Market Operations team. During this 10-12 week engagement, you’ll support a host of projects to drive operational & financial health of our growing markets. You will work closely with our Market General Managers as well as clinical & operational leadership across New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts to evaluate and improve performance of our markets on dimensions including member engagement, clinical effectiveness, and financial sustainability. This is an ideal role for a graduate school enrollee who is passionate about improving care delivery for vulnerable and complex populations and has a bent for business analytics and operations strategy.
Summer Fellow Projects May Include:
- Lead special projects for market leadership in New York, Massachusetts, and Connecticut; including but not limited to: member engagement, clinical effectiveness, and financial performance; analyze datasets across markets to drive business decisions across these 3 domains
- Lead initiatives related to growing our care delivery operations, e.g., partnering our real estate & implementation teams to develop a facilities strategy or partnering with our care strategy & finance teams to develop a staffing plan for a new care delivery initiative
Requirements for the role:
- You’re currently enrolled in or are completing a MBA, MPH, MD/MBA, or MD/MPH program
- You have experience in the healthcare industry
- You are analytically inclined and able to use data to answer complex business questions
- You’re flexible and scrappy, with the ability to multitask and manage your time effectively
- You’re passionate about Cityblock’s mission
- You’re a problem solver with an eye for process-improvement
- You care about adding value to a rapidly scaling organization
How We Define Success:
- Market Leaders can efficiently implement your analyses to better understand their market performance and determine smart business decisions
- Your initiatives are successfully launched in Market and allow our operators and care teams on the ground to better deliver on Cityblock’s mission
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.