Organizational Development Intern (MBA)
We’re looking for a self-starting and entrepreneurial student to assist in driving strategy and execution around how we grow and work together as an organization. As an intern, you’ll have direct insight into the daily operations of an exciting venture backed startup. You will be working directly with our VP of Organizational Development on a wide variety of matters that will expose you to a diverse set of topics, including all things people, process, project management, internal communications and social impact.
This is a paid summer internship open to students currently enrolled in an MBA program.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in evaluation and implementation of strategic initiatives by performing quantitative and qualitative analyses, including market deep dices, benchmarking, competitive assessment
- Serve as an internal consultant, identifying opportunities for improvement on various teams and interaction points
- Support Away’s continued growth through organizational design, modeling and forecasting, go-to-market strategy formulation
- Partner cross-functionally to implement initiatives across Creative, Customer Insights, Editorial, Growth Marketing, People, Physical Product, Retail, and Supply Chain
- Analyze and report on key financial and operating metrics and performance indicators, translating them into actionable business strategy
- Evaluate and implement initiatives to support Away’s rapidly growing team
- Identify opportunities to build on Away’s diverse and inclusive culture
Example projects you might take on:
- Embedding with a team to understand pain points and opportunity for process improvements and org changes
- Create a recommendation for introducing goal-setting based on organization’s needs, stage and insights from similarly sized companies
- Create a literacy program: develop understanding into how other teams work, and what everyone needs to understand to better do their job and be good partners.
- Knowledge management: make sure that what is learned from discovery and delivery is shared throughout the organization
- Innovation: Commit to ways and identify a process for teams and individuals to surface ideas and insights in a clear, concise way that will advance the vision and shared priorities of the organization. This ensures that innovation is traceable from our highest level goals all the way to the individual opportunities and solutions. As part of this process, require transparent validation of ideas from throughout the organization through data, research, and customer testing. Create a recommendation for how to inspire innovative thinking across the organization through specific tactics.
Who you are:
- You are a student in an MBA or graduate program
- You are able to execute on today’s challenges while maintaining a futuristic mindset around where we’ll be six months, a year, and several years from now
- You are data driven and goal oriented, you measure success both quantitatively and qualitatively, and understand the importance of both
- You are low-ego, high-energy
- You are curious and resourceful with a natural ability to solve problems and seek new information
- You are process-driven and extremely organized with an ability to streamline the sharing of information internally
- You have a track record of successful communications and process engineering across a variety of audiences and platforms
- You are flexible and able to navigate fast changing environments effectively
- You’re a self-starter who’s curious and excited to learn
- You love to travel (but that's a given)
Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 80 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $31M in venture funding from investors including Global Founders Capital, Forerunner Ventures, and Accel Partners.