Part-Time Accounting Intern
We are currently seeking an part-time Accounting Intern at Stack Overflow. The intern will gain valuable experience through a variety of tasks in the Accounting Department of a growing company in the tech startup industry, including but not limited to:
- Accounts receivable
- Accounts payable
- Month-end closing
- General accounting
What you’ll assist with:
- Preparation of reconciliations and journal entries for monthly close
- Compiling and preparing financial information and spreadsheets
- Preparing corporate filings and returns
- Performing other accounting/finance support duties as assigned
What you’ll need to have:
- Currently in an accredited Accounting Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program as rising Senior or graduate student one year from graduation
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Knowledge of the basic accounting concepts
- Experience in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Detailed-oriented with a strong desire to learn
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.