Photo Studio Intern, Fall 2018
Founded in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty and grooming retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover and shop for new products. We redefined the e-commerce experience by pairing a monthly subscription of samples with a curated online shop featuring more than 800 best-in-class brands. Every month, subscribers receive five prestige samples tailored to their unique profile along with inspiring editorial content that creates a seamless path to purchase full-size versions of their favorites on Birchbox.com. In 2012, we launched Birchbox Man and expanded internationally, and in 2014, we opened our first brick-and-mortar store in Soho. Today we have more than one million subscribers and operate in five countries, including France, Spain, UK, and Belgium. Birchbox is headquartered in New York City.
Birchbox is looking for an enthusiastic and creative Photo Studio Intern who will work with the Photo Department to assist in all internal photo studio needs of a growing start-up.
This candidate is someone who will go above and beyond to get the job done, no matter how big or small. The right person is detail-oriented, a self starter, enjoys problem solving and seeks mentorship to learn how an in-house photo studio operates, as well as fine tune on-set techniques. The Photo Studio Intern will work directly with the Birchbox Photo team and will assist in all aspects of photo production.
The Photo Studio Intern at Birchbox will:
- Assist the Director of Photography and work closely with the rest of the photo team during photo shoots and video shoots
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of our in-house photo studio, equipment and props
- Assist in sourcing and buying props as needed
- Be encouraged to develop their photography experience under the guidance of the Director of Photography
- Work with vendors sending out files, re-size and do light retouching of product and editorial imagery
A successful Photo Studio Intern candidate will:
- Be a current undergraduate student majoring in photography
- Have experience with DSLRs, Studio Lighting, Capturing Motion/Video/Sound, and Post Production Editing
- Have experience with Capture One Pro, Adobe Creative Suite, Retouching
- Interest in Commercial/Editorial Lifestyle and Still Life Photography
** Please note this internship is for credit only. Candidates must be able to dedicate a between 15-20 hours per week throughout the fall semester. **