Product Design Intern (Fall/Winter) at Transfix
About the role
- This internship is a 12 week, full-time program in our NYC office. You should be available to start in Winter 2019 or Spring 2020.
- Flexible, part-time hours can be arranged depending on the candidate.
- Partner with your Product Design mentor to help solve the complex needs of our users and customers in a two-sided marketplace.
- Oversee the user experience of a product from concept until launch (and then some), while collaborating with other product designers, product managers, and engineers on your team.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of your product and engineering team.
- Practice presenting work and receiving feedback in a design critique setting.
- Design mockups, prototypes, and design specifications. You’ll be creating portfolio-worthy projects and obtaining real-world experience working as a product designer on a cross-functional team.
- Practice user-centered design, focusing not only on how the product looks but also how it works.
- Learn how Transfix uses agile processes and iterative development to rapidly deliver solutions.
- You’re a creative problem-solver. You can understand user needs as well as technical or business limitations, create multiple design solutions, and partner with your mentor, engineers, and product managers to assess impact and feasibility.
- You have initiative. You can drive your project forward, meet deadlines and manage time effectively. You’re a self-starter who also knows when to reach out for help.
- You have a passion for design. You are obsessed with finding ways to improve interactions, products, or experiences in your daily life.
- You can adapt to a fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Pursuing a degree in interaction design, UX, or a related field, or have recently graduated from a full-time bootcamp course.
- Portfolio showcasing recent school projects, freelance work, or even projects you have worked on in your spare time for fun. Please provide a link or PDF to your portfolio.
- Demonstrated ability to execute on visual and interaction details.
- Excellent communication skills. You can clearly articulate your design decisions.
- Software proficiency in one or more of the following: Figma, Sketch, Invision