Product Design Intern - Summer 2020 at Squarespace
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart which enables anyone to build a beautiful online presence. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams amongst product managers, engineers and researchers. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, and each member is directly responsible for the team’s success.
We are seeking promising designers for our summer product design intern program to work alongside full-time product designers in our teams. At Squarespace, you will work with the product team on our native and web applications. You will be challenged in an ambitious, ever-changing organization that values vision, execution, persistence, and flexibility. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways. This intern will report to a senior designer in our NYC headquarters.
- Collaborate on project briefs and scoping
- Create rational, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Create wireframes and early-stage prototypes
- Continually seek to understand the capabilities and technical constraints of the systems with which you’ll be working in
- Present ideas and work clearly to the product team and larger group
- Deliver polished comps, flows and assets to team members
- Participate in user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- Collaborate with our Design Systems team to ensure your work integrates into our ecosystem
- Recent graduate (2019 or later) or enrolled student (December 2020 or Spring 2021 anticipated graduation) in a design program
- Required previous internship and/or work experience
- An understanding of visual and user experience design
- Idealistic, yet pragmatic
- Love of iterative development
- Experience using Figma
- An understanding of web and mobile applications
- An ambition to learn and build something great
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.