Product Design Intern - Summer 2021 at Squarespace
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart which enables anyone to build a beautiful online presence. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams amongst product managers, engineers and researchers. Our product teams are collaborative, and each member is directly responsible for the team's success.
We are looking for a promising designer for our summer intern program to work with full-time product designers on our Commerce team. At Squarespace, you will work with the product team on our native and web applications. You will be challenged in an ever-changing organization that values vision, execution, and flexibility. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways.
You will report to a Design Lead in our NYC office.
- Collaborate on project briefs and scoping
- Create rational, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Create wireframes and early-stage prototypes
- Seek to understand the capabilities and technical constraints of the systems with which you'll work
- Present ideas and work to the product team and larger group
- Provide polished comps, flows and assets to team members
- Participate in user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- Work with our Design Systems team to ensure your work integrates into our ecosystem
- Recent graduate (2020 or later) or enrolled student (Spring 2021 anticipated graduation) in a design program
- Required previous internship or work experience
- An understanding of visual and user experience design
- Love of iterative development
- Experience using Figma
- An understanding of web and mobile applications
- An ambition to learn and build something great
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.