Product Design Internship- Summer 2020
Discovery Interns are explorers; they dive headfirst into the world in front of them. They aren’t afraid to be uncomfortable and boldly embrace any obstacle or challenge as an opportunity to excel. They walk confidently into the uncharted territory and make the most of their experiences. They ask the questions that go beyond the surface.
Seek adventure, find your passion, forge your path with an internship at Discovery.
Through Discovery’s Internship Program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the entertainment and media industry and learn from the global leader in real life entertainment.
We are proud to have been named to Vault.com's 2020 rankings for The 100 Best Internships, Best Media & Telecom Internships and Best Internships for Diversity.
Here’s what we offer:
- Opportunity to immerse yourself and get your hands dirty with challenging work and projects
- Mentorship from Discovery’s best and brightest
- Intern Speaker Series featuring top executives and employees across the business
- Networking opportunities with great snacks
- A creative, collaborative and inclusive company culture with office spaces to match
Here’s what you’ll take away:
- Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
What you need to know:
- This summer, our 12 week semester will be held from June 1st-August 21st 2020.
- Our internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required; however, we will provide documentation if necessary.
- The application deadline is March 20th. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
- We do not require a cover letter. Please demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume.
Interviewing will take place from February through April. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
The Product Design Team drives Discovery’s business forward by creating delightful experiences for our digital audiences in service of the biggest brands in the Discovery portfolio, including HGTV, Food Network, and our flagship Discovery Channel. Our cross-platform, consumer-facing work is in the vanguard of visual storytelling and meaningful engagement—intersecting a variety of disciplines across the entire company.
As a Product Design Intern, your adventure could lead you to work on projects and tasks such as:
• Research current design trends and brainstorm fresh ideas
• Design new elements for products from scratch and evolve existing, live designs
• Write copy to pair with created visuals
• Prototype products for user testing
• Prepare product pitches for stakeholder review
• Work directly with product and engineering teams to see pieces of work through to launch
* Must be currently enrolled as a student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
* Must be a rising Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
* Proficiency in Sketch, Figma and/or Adobe Creative Suite
* Knowledge of Prototyping tools (Adobe XD, etc) and/or front-end engineering languages (CSS) a plus
Please note this position is located in NEW YORK CITY. If selected for an opportunity, interns are responsible for securing their own housing.