Product Management Intern (Summer 2020)
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are a growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. We look for creativity, craftsmanship, and the ability to solve difficult problems. Our passion is building products and services for new companies that change people’s lives. Together, we are helping our partners own the next horizon of innovation and create magic.
The Role: Product Management Intern
Product managers are builders that bear overall responsibility for product definition and delivery. Product managers work with design, strategy and engineering to create a compelling vision culminating with delivery of a disruptive product to market that fits customer needs. The product manager facilitates the product requirements gathering across the team, and manages the incubation/commercialization process gates and deadlines to ensure successful and hygienic delivery. Product managers are the driver of the multidisciplinary team through lean, agile based incubation and commercialization process – e.g., Build, Learn, Adapt.
Product Managers must possess a broad base of skills and knowledge spanning digital technology, strategy and business planning, user experience design, engineering and agile/lean development practices. They must possess an entrepreneurial drive to develop new products, while managing client needs and timeframes to broker complex relationships that evolve into real solutions. The ultimate success of a product manager hinges on their ability to guide their peers while influencing decision makers.
We are looking for students currently pursuing Graduate degrees. The 10-week internship program will allow interns to gain valuable experience working on one of our current Ventures.
As a Product Management Intern, you will:
- Act as the voice of the customer in the definition of innovative digital solutions
- Work with strategic design to gain an understanding of user personas, pain points and journeys
- Provide insights into product, technology and market trends
- Develop feature lists, user stories, and roadmaps
- Gather and manage product feedback through surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing
- Monitor and report on product KPIs
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to scope, design, concept test and deliver innovative solutions
- Assist with the development of business cases and operating plans
- Assist in the development of materials to communicate progress to partners and clients
As a Product Management Intern, you should have:
- Currently be pursuing an MBA from an accredited University
- 2+ years of relevant product management experience
- Experience launching digital products
- Strong understanding of mobile and web technologies and industries
- Working knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Ability to ensure the confidentiality of sensitive information and thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-demanding and service-oriented environment
- Diligent attention to detail and strong technical intuition
- Ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines and influence through persuasive written and verbal communication
Ideally, you will also have:
- Experience in a high-pressure start-up environment as a product manager or a founder with exposure to multidisciplinary teams
- Involvement with a top-tier consulting firm
Application deadline for Summer 2020 internships is December 13, 2019.