Product Management Intern (Summer)
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With 80,000 restaurants and 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
The Product Manager Intern will be responsible for helping to develop a strategy and vision and build and execute feature roadmaps from start to finish. You embrace this cross-functional role that requires you to work closely and successfully with senior leaders across the company, engineering/IT, QA, design, customer care, and the rest of the product team.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Drive product strategy formation including market analysis, product concept development, and go to market design. This role will be responsible for driving the conversation and will be making presentations of these strategies to the executive team
- Lead efforts on competitive analysis that details our competitor’s marketing, sales and product strategies
- Create data driven models and analytical approaches to determine business performance, growth and emerging opportunities
- Develop product requirements documents that meet customer and strategic requirements while providing clear direction to the development teams
- Lead cross functional team of engineers, sales, operations, marketing and other stakeholders from business units to develop, implement and drive product line success
- Work closely with Marketing, Sales, and the go-to-market organization to help them understand the vision, roadmap and best practices.
You Should Have
- Mix of previous consulting or product strategy experience is preferred
- Highly analytical decision making approach
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative/non-traditional solutions
- Ability to translate technology features into business benefits
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Strong leader, self-starter and proven team player in a high achievement-oriented environment
- Excellent presentation and customer facing skills
- Strong understanding of enterprise software and services, SaaS, and service APIs
- Demonstrated experience in the agile software development process.
- Experience in Product Management, Systems/Business Analysis, Software Engineering or related field.
- Experience in designing, developing, and building collaborative or social web technologies, either in the consumer or enterprise space.
- Demonstrated success at indirect management in matrix organizations
- Ability to work equally well with business development, product marketing, program management, sales operations, support, and engineering to drive successful product releases
And Of Course, Perks!
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.