Product Manager: Intern
Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology and design to revolutionize healthcare. As a Product Management intern, you’ll spend your summer working closely with a team of engineers and designers to build the next-generation of consumer experiences, technology and infrastructure, expanding into new markets, creating better ways for healthcare providers to interact with our members, optimizing internal operations and processes, and lots more.
During your internship, you’ll work closely with the product team to learn about the company and build your skills as a product leader. With your team, you’ll design, develop, and launch a feature by the end of your summer. Successful interns will have the opportunity to return to Oscar’s product team full-time after graduation.
We’d love to hear about your experiences and interests to see if Oscar’s Product Management Internship program would be a good fit for you!
- Technically Minded. You love learning about new technology and products! You may be in a technical, analytical, or related program at a top university. Ideally, you’ve interned at a technology company or high-caliber startup in a software engineering or product role.
- A fast learner. Healthcare is complicated; you’re curious by nature and excited to get into the details and become an expert in our tech-enabled health insurance offering. Product management is a difficult and nuanced role, and you’re eager to learn from our team.
- Empathetic. You try to understand other disciplines and viewpoints, and can bring everyone together using clear communication and strong structured thinking.
- Collaborative. You love helping engineers, designers, operations experts, and other teams around you do their best work. You solve problems with others and can also take the lead when duty calls.
- Organized. You are a natural at project managing multiple small and large projects at the same time and getting things done.
- Above all: you are mature, open-minded, and nice. (No jerks allowed!)
Your day-to-day will include:
- Working alongside an Oscar PM to define the strategy and business/user goals of your features and product area(s).
- Working with a team of engineers, designers, and other internal stakeholders to design and build technology products.
- Making sure your team’s product launches are on track and high quality, and helping your team adjust as needed.
- Using data and user research to inform decisions and measure your success.
- Coordinating and organizing work across multiple teams and business functions within Oscar.
- Testing, monitoring, and maintaining the areas you’re responsible for to ensure seamless and uninterrupted operations.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.