Product Marketing Intern at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want an intern who is passionate about the developer audience and want to operate at the exciting intersection of business and technology.
We are looking for an MBA Intern preferably with a background and interest in technology to join the Product Marketing team. Reporting to the Head of Product Marketing, this person will work on strategizing around and experimenting with ways to use DigitalOcean’s massive popularity with personal users to reach into their employers - the business customers.
DigitalOcean is going through an exciting phase of transformation. Building upon the love and engagement of the company’s fanbase to open up new business opportunities is one of the most interesting efforts. Come lead it.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Understand how other companies in this industry or elsewhere, have employed strategies to expand from personal users to business
- Working closely with the Marketing and Research team to understand the current customer base - their usage, their employment profiles, their tech skills etc.
- Figure out criteria for selection for the right set of customers to pick for potential experimentation
- Come up with a set of recommendations around how to set in motion, the efforts to incentivize customers to “pitch” on our behalf.
- A report with a current state of our personal user base - their usage characteristics, demographics, employment profiles etc.
- Specific and actionable recommendations around how to leverage this user base to expand into businesses - primarily those where they are employed or contracting.
- A pilot implementation for one of the recommendations with a well defined hypothesis and the results and insights from this experiment
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to be an intern here, and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note, our intern program will be held remotely this summer.