Public Relations and Communications Intern
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The vision of our Sales, Marketing, and Partnerships team is to drive long-term revenue with small businesses by creating meaningful and value-added engagement at every touchpoint, developing the foundation for an ongoing business relationship.
OnDeck is seeking a Public Relations Intern, with strong writing skills and strong work ethic to support the external communications efforts of OnDeck (ONDK), the nation’s largest non-bank online lender to small businesses. You will gain visibility into the inner workings and aspects of the public relations field, while creating key deliverables supporting the business strategy of a financial technology (FinTech) pioneer in lending. This is a flexible, part-time position (2-3 days per week) based in New York City, Westchester or Connecticut. OnDeck is headquartered in New York City. You will report to the Vice-President for Marketing and Communications.
As the PR and Communications Intern for OnDeck, you will be responsible for:
- Fully supporting company’s PR strategy and executing it in different phases.
- Writing press releases.
- Engaging media and pitching them by phone, e-mail and in person to generate positive news coverage for OnDeck.
- Event management support.
- Creating and curating content for digital and social channels.
- Communicating and building relationships with OnDeck executives and staff.
- Build and update media lists and databases.
- Schedule, coordinate and attend various events.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- Current enrollment in a related BA/BS university/college, preferably a PR or Communications Major at a local college or university in NYC.
- Strong writing ability.
- Willingness to engage media.
- Solid understanding of digital and social channels.
- Excellent verbal skills.
- Efficiency at MS Office.
- Passion for the PR industry and its best practices.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**