Robotics Engineering Intern (Graduate) - Spring 2020 at Latch
Latch is hiring graduate Robotics Engineering Interns, to intern through Spring 2020, to help create cutting edge robotics solutions to real world problems, which will help us to scale our system for our rapidly growing user base. The engineering team works in a fast-paced and highly-challenging environment, which means that as an intern at Latch, you’ll be given real projects that impact the future of the company.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully-integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Work within Latch's New Product Development Lifecycle
- Design and deliver software solutions that drive robots to solve difficult problems, including room mapping, RF field detection, asynchronous communication to cloud services, etc.
- Customize off-the-shelf open robotics hardware for specific missions
- Collaborate with product managers and other teams to demonstrate the feasibility of new products and services
- Develop and maintain infrastructure for scalability and reliability of core services
- Produce clean, well-tested and well-documented code
- You are pursuing a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from an accredited U.S. university
- You have a solid grasp of algorithms, data structures, and design & coding best practices
- You have hands-on experience with current practices in robotics
- You are fluent in at least one object-oriented programming language
- You are fluent in at least one procedural and/or lower-level language
- You are comfortable in attacking challenging problems and delivering on a timeline
- You are enthusiastic about working on innovative products with a multidisciplinary team
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self-starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.
Applicant Privacy Notice