Security Engineering Intern (Summer 2020)
We're looking for 2020 Security Engineering Interns who will help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the internship role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in building your career.
What You'll Do
The security team at Flatiron Health works every day to protect the company against threats so that our employees can focus on helping to cure cancer. We create attack driven defenses, not compliance. We are always looking for new ways to approach our work and we’ve cultivated a meritocracy where the best ideas rise to the top of the pile. We focus on results and not just debate: in fact we are often architects, designers, and engineers (not just advisors). We build credibility through action and results. Throughout the Summer you'll also:
- Help solve novel security issues through the tool creation or the use of open source implementation
- Have meaningful impact to the Security organization of Flatiron; we want to see your project make it to production during your internship
- Work alongside an amazing team defending Flatiron against real attackers
- Learn more about cancer and the day-to-day intricacies of oncology than you can possibly imagine
We work in a fast-paced, high-information-volume environment with complex domain challenges, which means context is key and there's always more to learn and soak up. We want to know oncology data front to back — better than anyone else in the industry — and we believe accomplishing that requires building a culture where we all like coming to work each day. In our culture, decisions are transparent and data-driven, and people are empowered to make waves.
Who You Are
You are graduating between December 2020 and June 2021 with a bachelors or masters related to computer science. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You enjoy discovering and analyzing vulnerabilities in software
- You are comfortable writing code but want to learn even more
- You want to develop practical application security skills to discover, analyze, and prevent security vulnerabilities
- You are comfortable in a Unix/Linux environment
- You are enthusiastic about working on a multi-disciplinary team
- You are passionate about our mission to improve healthcare through technology
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- Spend your free time looking for bugs
- Have found vulnerabilities in open source software or bug bounty programs
- Have played in online offensive competitions (like CTFs)
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Onboarding curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Housing support to help cover the cost of living in NY
- Lunch with the Founders, social events and Team outings
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.