Security Labs R&D Software Engineer Intern (Summer 2021) at Gemini
Help Us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust (which is why Gemini’s very first hires were Security experts). The Gemini Security team forms the backbone of all that we do and is as diverse as the number of challenges we tackle in the crypto space. From security architecture and engineering to maintenance of cold storage systems and data centers to cybersecurity and litigation support, our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Security Labs R&D Software Engineering Intern
Gemini is looking for a software engineering intern who is passionate about security research and development to join our Security Labs team this summer. In this internship you will be integrated into the Labs team. The Labs team is charged with furthering our strategic investment in security, increasing Gemini’s ability to proactively identify and tackle crypto’s hardest security challenges. This research & development program helps enable Gemini to lead the industry in security and privacy through innovation. Labs is one of the most forward-looking and exciting teams to be part of and is an ideal team if you are comfortable working with emerging technologies and if you relish the unknown!
- Where: This role is virtual, but based in our New York City office, leading to the potential for full time hire in NYC
- When: June 7th to August 13th 2021 with hopes to start full time after college graduation in summer 2022
- Why: The Labs R&D team has exciting projects that need your point of view! These include (but are not limited to):
- Improving security for employees personal accounts, communications and marketing
- Analyzing malicious wallet activity and smart contract vulnerabilities
- Improving the user experience, making the most secure thing to do the easiest thing to do
Who You Are:
- Someone who is passionate about research and is a great software engineer
- Ability to act autonomously and approach project ideas with creativity and confidence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with executives, engineers, vendors and peers
- Independently bring definition to difficult problems in order to help solve them
- Currently attending and enrolled full time and in good standing at an accredited undergraduate program and anticipated to graduate in 2022
- Major should be in the fields of technology and/or science or user research and product design. We want people who focus on answering the question “How do we make the most secure thing to do the easiest thing for users?”
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
What We're Looking For:
- Software engineering proficiency, particularly with respect to best practices and team development of high quality code
- Proficiency in a common programming language
- Excellent problem identification and solving skills with the ability to construct and test clear hypotheses
- Passion for and understanding of blockchain technologies and trustless principles
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.