Senior Associate, Internal Communications at Zocdoc
Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
Please be advised that the safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such we will not require our teams to return to the offices until Labor Day 2021. Click here to read more about the decision.
Your Impact on our Mission
Zocdoc’s most important asset is our people. In this role, your mission will be to keep our 500+ team members across three offices strategically aligned with and up to speed on our business.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- A master storyteller who knows how to craft strong and sticky narratives
- A strong writer and editor, who can craft clear, concise and memorable content
- A natural relationship-builder who is energized by collaborating with diverse groups
- An expert project manager with a get-it-done attitude
- A learner who is curious about the inner workings of a fast-changing, complex business that sits at the nexus of healthcare and technology
Your day to day is…
- Producing and owning the success of our weekly, company-wide all-hands meeting (which we call Zoctalk) to drive engagement, connection, transparency and strategic alignment across the business
- Owning the content strategy, editorial calendar, and execution of our company-wide Slack channel
- Further evolving our intranet, ensuring it is easy to navigate and up-to-date; will include working with partner teams to create, edit, and update their content
- Supporting logistics, content development, promotion of Zocdoc internal happenings (guest speakers, cultural events, ERG programming, etc.)
- Partnering with our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) taskforce to keep the company apprised of our ongoing efforts, and ways our team members can get involved
- Providing strategic counsel, guidance, and communications support (including reviewing and editing materials) to internal partner teams regarding their initiatives
- Creating new and engaging ways to share information within the company, geared at increasing engagement, alignment and productivity
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- Must be based in NYC
- At least 5 years of experience in employee engagement, culture, or communications.
- An ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines (see: producing our weekly all-hands meeting!)
- Strong project management skills; adept at navigating complex projects and situations that involve multiple stakeholders
- Strong business acumen and an ability to quickly process and distill new information
- An ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- Top-notch interpersonal skills, with an ability to earn trust and develop strong partnership with colleagues across teams and levels
- An editorial brain, with a talent for crafting content with clarity, narrative, and personality
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Parental leave
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.