We are looking for collaborative engineers who have expertise in microservices, especially around internal tooling. You'll help guide our efforts in scaling our architecture as we transition to a microservices-based approach. You will work with the team to create common tools across services so that we can rapidly scale and expand our growing business.
You are someone who thinks about the simplicity and works to provide solutions that reduce the complexity across services. You are team-focused and prioritize collective learning in addition to solving problems. You build collective ownership amongst the team by contributing to code reviews, designs, whiteboarding, and pair-programming.
Power the Peloton Experience
As a member of Peloton’s Product Engineering API team, you’ll be building out technology solutions that enable every user experience across our Bike, Tread, Mobile, Web, and TV platforms for a global audience. We enable our members to take live and on-demand classes across any number of fitness disciples, send each other high-fives, compete on the leaderboard, take part in challenges, discover new music, and much more. You will be leading and building out a team of talented engineers in ensuring our members get the best possible experience.Expectations
In your first weeks, you’ll learn about our API and start to familiarize yourself with some of the challenges that we are facing. You'll contribute to our existing efforts to build a service-oriented architecture and split out services from the monolithic application.
In the following months, you'll start contributing to tools and SDKs used across our microservice system. You'll help reduce the sharp technical edges involved in migrating code and databases and transitioning traffic from our monolith to our new services. Finally, you'll help educate new team members and promote ways to improve quality across all our services.Requirements
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with Kotlin, Python, or similar languages
- Experience writing internal tools and SDKs
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, design patterns, and principles
- Strong fundamentals in microservice architecture including, but not limited to:
- Options for complex joins across multiple services
- Pros/cons of monolithic vs. service architectures
- Both stateful and stateless service architecture
- Experience with monolith to service migrations
- Experience with RDBMS and non-RDBMS databases
- Experience with data modeling across different services
- Building, testing, deploying, and monitoring services
- Understand HTTP, TCP, SSL in API and client contexts
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker
- Spring Boot
- AWS technologies
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) and based in our New York City HQ once safe to re-open the office.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.