Social Media Communications Intern at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want an intern who is passionate about creating products that you and your peers would love.
Want to use social media as a force for good and make a positive impact on our customers & community? DigitalOcean’s Corporate Communications team is looking for an intern to help share our signature #DOLove across our social channels.What You’ll Do:
- Assist with monitoring social media channels & activities.
- Assist with gathering insight and data for monthly reports.
- Assist with day-to-day social channel operations (scheduling, tagging, etc).
- Brainstorm/offer new engaging social media projects or opportunities.
- Assist with our Social Employee Advocacy Program (SEA Program).
- Own summer internship project on social influencers.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- Creative & curious mindset.
- Tech savvy with a passion for technology & innovation.
- Prior work/intern experience with social media marketing.
- Experience and comfort working in fast paced environment
- Familiarity with monitoring social media channels for companies.
- Bonus: Knowledge of social media posting, reporting & listening tools (SproutSocial, etc.)
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to be an intern here, and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note, our intern program will be held remotely this summer.