Software Engineer: Intern 2019 - Data/Systems
As a member of our internship program, you will have the unique opportunity to work alongside an exceptional group of technologists while developing hands-on experience in a fast-paced environment. Your growth and success are paramount to us: You’ll have the direct guidance and mentorship of one of our experienced engineers, and will be matched with a team that best suits your interests. We'll make sure that you have a thorough understanding of the different types of problems we’re solving; so that you can work on projects that not only excite you, but drive meaningful, real-world impact.
Oscar engineering builds industry-leading software that aims to transform the healthcare experience. We work on high-impact projects across our front-end, mobile, platform, and data teams; building rich web applications, product backends and services and the infrastructure that supports it all.
Typical Projects Include:
- Interactive care router using React and Google Maps, backed by a healthcare guidance engine based on NLP techniques
- Building easy-to-understand interfaces for our internal teams that aggregate and distill complex data sets
- Ingestion of health events via a real-time data pipeline, and a timeline to let members view their health history including doctor’s appointments, lab results, prescriptions, etc
- Building and improving the software infrastructure we run on: cluster management, service discovery, continuous integration
- Android and iOS apps for members to access their health information on the go and track their fitness activity
Who You Are:
- Excited to take part in reinventing healthcare
- Have experience in a systems language like Java, C++, or Go, and a scripting language like Python or Ruby
- Want to work closely with product and design teams
We look forward to hearing from you!
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.