Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities — something that couldn’t be more important right now in our world, and in the tech industry.
We are looking for an Android Engineering Intern to join our team. You will work with our team of talented app engineers to design and build the next iteration of our mobile application. You will collaborate closely with other app and web developers, as well as the design and product team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Focus on building out the future of the flagship Meetup app using Kotlin
- Collaborate with designers to ensure that the app is beautiful and a pleasure to use for all our users
- Own product features, fix defects, and ship code regularly.
- Work closely with members of the Android team on feature scoping and delivery.
You're our ideal team member if you are:
- Pursuing a Bachelor's (senior year) or Master's degree; or recently graduated; or otherwise demonstrated professional level experience
- Proven software development experience and Android development skills (professional or self-developed projects. Be ready to show your work)
- Published at least one original Android app in a professional or school-related setting
- Experienced with Android SDK
- Experienced working with remote data via REST and JSON, or GraphQL
- Experienced with third-party libraries and APIs
- Basic experience with Kotlin
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
Bonus points for:
- Experience with GraphQL
- Organizing local meetups
If the above describes you and your passions, apply, we want to hear from you! Cover letter and resume are required for your application. Tell us your story, we want to know who you are!
Eligibility: You are pursuing a Bachelor's (senior year) or Master's degree; or have otherwise demonstrated professional-level experience. This internship runs approximately 10 to 12 weeks (June 2020 through August 2020). The deadline for all applications will be Sunday, May 10, 2020.
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?