We're on a mission to build the best monitoring platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Students can sign up anytime for a free Datadog Pro account!
We’re looking for students to join us to help us collect, aggregate, visualize, and analyze extremely high-scale metrics, logs, and application data. This role will be based in our New York or Boston offices.
In This Role You Will:
Join one of Datadog's software teams and work alongside other engineers to help solve complex problems. Whether you are writing a new integration, building data pipelines, or working with the open source community, our interns are key contributors to our product.
- You are in the process of receiving a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- You have strong computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, software design, to name a few)
- You are comfortable coding in one or more programming languages
- You value code simplicity and performance
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment that values its employees and customers
- You are a self-starter who enjoys partnering with other engineers and solving difficult problems
- You are available to intern in the winter, summer or fall. If you select winter or fall, you must be available for 4-6 months
- You have worked as a software engineering intern or have related industry/academic experience
- You have some specialized skills like data visualization, distributed systems, or production engineering
- You’ve used Datadog or have written your own monitoring tools before
Why You Should Apply:
- Mentorship opportunities with team members, leadership, and beyond
- Continuous career and professional development opportunities
- Training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Relocation stipend and travel benefits
- Intern cohort and monthly company social events
- Networking opportunities with across all teams at Datadog
- Unlimited snacks and drinks in our office
- Catered lunches on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Commuter benefits
- Beautiful offices in convenient locations with amazing views
As the COVID-19 crisis continues to change globally, our hiring plans will change with it. We are following current company safety guidelines with the goal to hire team members who will work within one of our offices (NYC, Boston, Paris) once it’s safe to do so. We will update all applicants with the appropriate changes when necessary.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.