Software Engineer Intern - Security
The Security Engineering team is responsible for the security of Squarespace, its customers, employees, and infrastructure. We combine data and analytics to respond to the ever changing threat landscape. We design and implement security products and tools to mitigate risk and provide more visibility. We work closely with teams across the company to enable them to operate in a secure manner.
Join our collaborative and data-driven security team. Contribute by building programs and processes that secure the platform powering millions of websites. Become a contributor and subject matter expert in security practices across the company.
We are looking for proven interest in one or more of the following areas of security:
- Infrastructure (Operating Systems, Virtualization, Containers)
- Incident Response and Threat Intelligence
- Web Application
- Promote security within Squarespace
- Build and develop security products
- Respond to and analyze security events and incidents
- Identify and mitigate risk
- Help implement security design patterns, standards and specifications
- Help manage vulnerabilities and emergent security threats
- Contribute to our security strategy
- Currently pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security, or related technical discipline
- Anticipated to graduate in December 2019 or the spring of 2020
- Familiarity with computer science fundamentals, with competencies in networks, systems or operating systems
- Familiarity with common issues affecting web technologies, such as OWASP Top 10, Cloud security
- Proven interest in security such as coursework, projects, competitions, bug bounties, etc.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 750 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.