Software Engineer - Intern
Aircall is on a mission is to redefine the business phone.
We are an advanced cloud-based phone system, complete business phone, and call center software — all wrapped up in one single tool.
But behind our product are the people driving it. Positivity, candor, ambition and commitment — these are the values we live by at Aircall. We know that success comes from hard work and deserves to be recognized and rewarded.
So if you’re a person that loves the challenge of a startup atmosphere, enjoys solving meaningful problems, and wants to feel like part of a family — then you just might be who we’re looking for.
"Alone you go fast, together we go further”, we truly think that working together makes the difference!
Our amazing engineering team is composed of 35+ multicultural engineers in both New York and Paris. We build software on top of voice communication solutions such as Twilio. We are software engineers, not VoIP experts.
We're organized in squads which allows us to combine different experts (tech, product, design, business) around a specific roadmap project. This drastically improved our productivity by focusing on key subjects and making our own decisions. Trust in one another is the key to success, along with commitment and transparency.
This year, our vision is to leverage a fully decoupled architecture and ultimately micro-services at scale with a reliable, event-driven, auto-healing infrastructure behind the scenes. To ensure that, we’re currently creating a very rich and secure data lake with AWS S3, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Lambda, Athena, and other cool serveless stuff. You’ll be part of this challenging but exciting project!
We are planning to rewrite our entire admin tool. This empowers Aircall employees by automating their work, allowing them to focus on what really matters: our customers and our product. It's used daily by over 200 employees, both from the engineering and business teams and must be highly scalable.
Our Tech Challenge this year:
- Volume: Store, aggregate and compute 1M+ events/day today, 100M+ by next year
- Live: analyze and take live decisions based on 1M+ events/day
- Modularity: make our architecture scale and increase squads productivity by featuring microservices based on event-driven architecture
- Uptime: Keep an 99,99% uptime while dealing with exponential activity growth
What you'll do:
- Chose the right technology to build this tool from scratch
- Implement dozens of tools to improve the productivity of Aircall employees
- Interact with all the teams: Data, Sales, Customer Relations, Engineering, Finance, Partnerships etc.
What you'll bring:
- You know Rails and want to learn more about it
- You write unit and integration tests on your code
- You are autonomous and give the right level of information at the right time
- You want to discover how Business people work
- You are open-minded and proactive (that is truly important)
We believe that everyone’s voice is unique and valuable. That’s why we advocate to empower the voice of both our employees and our customers. Being fully engaged at work means that we’re happier, more confident, and more excited to achieve great things together.
Aircall offers a unique work environment and the chance to collaborate with diverse teammates across two continents. We give you the freedom and tools to do your best work, and foster an environment you can do it in. We also have some sweet perks like:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance are 100% covered
- Unlimited PTO — take the time you need to come to work feeling great!
- 401k plan (with company matching!)
- Competitive salary with Citi Bike and gym reimbursement, and commuter compensation
- An office in the center of NYC with great food (breakfast every Monday & Friday!), drinks, and team parties
Aircall is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome qualified applicants, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Members of communities historically underrepresented in tech are encouraged to apply.