Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes, simplifying it to be fair and true to market, straightforward & easy. The U.S. has $1.5 trillion worth of home transactions each year, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –stress free, fair and simple.
We are headquartered in New York City, have 200+ employees and have grown 10x year over year. In addition to this incredible growth, we’re proud to have been recognized by Inc. Magazine as a Best Workplace of 2020 while holding a 4.9 Glassdoor rating!
This is an exciting opportunity to get exposure to a high-growth team at the ground floor, and play a role in making the home buying and selling experience frictionless for our customers.
Orchard’s engineering culture is centered around product empathy and autonomous teams with high feature ownership. Engineers take ownership of feature development end to end. This means we partner with Product Managers and Designers to solve ambiguous business problems and have a high degree of collaborative input before writing code. We strive to keep common infrastructure and dependencies simple (or only as complex as necessary), to keep the coordination costs of infrastructure deployments low, and support lean & nimble product engineering teams.
We’re looking for interns that are passionate about building delightful customer experiences for both web and mobile and excited to receive close mentorship from a small but driven engineering team.
- In the process of receiving a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Projected graduation date of Fall 2021 or Summer 2022
- Have a proven foundation in computer science theory, with strong proficiencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Results-oriented with attention to detail
- Low ego with appetite for feedback: we value humility and sharing + receiving feedback for growth and continuous improvement
- Prioritization & value orientation: we operate with agile principles and balance long-term planning with re-evaluating priorities based on new data and assumptions
- Problem solving & ownership: we look for a willingness to take on problems in a growing organization where there's not yet a defined solution