Software Engineering Apprentice: AsanaUP at Asana
We are looking for passionate, aspiring Software Engineers from non-traditional backgrounds to be apprentices in our AsanaUP program, a paid opportunity to gain the knowledge, tools, and skills that will allow you to thrive in the technology industry. At the end of the program, based on your progress, we will consider you for a full-time Engineering role.
This 6-month apprenticeship program provides a pathway to entry-level software engineering roles at Asana for individuals with non-traditional technical backgrounds (no 4 year computer science degree requirements!) Our program equips individuals with industry experience building, testing, and implementing software projects, with an emphasis on mentorship and feedback. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply! Asana is helping teams in 195 countries become significantly more productive with our leading work management platform. You will be manifesting continuous improvements of their experience and helping us achieve our mission to enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
What you’ll achieve
- Work on a variety of projects, such as building product features, testing infrastructure, implementing subtle interaction behaviors, or designing data models.
- Learn how the business operates and makes decisions as part of Asana’s culture of transparency and distributed responsibility.
- Work closely with your mentor and the rest of your team, receiving feedback through coaching, code reviews, and one on one meetings.
- Help maintain both a codebase and a culture that are a joy to work in, where you and your teammates empower one another to become the best versions of yourselves.
- You’ve attended a coding school or taught yourself to code (no 4 year computer science degree requirements!)
- Experience leading a large scale coding project(s), including work that you may have done during a bootcamp experience or on your own
- Excited to learn, whether from your peers and mentors, or from independent research
- Passion for creating a superlative user experience, down to those little details that matter
- Appreciate productivity and care deeply about helping teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently, including your own
- Desire to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
- Display kindness, maturity, and empathy for your end-users and colleagues
We’re glad you’re interested in helping Asana grow. If you’d like to learn more about our team and what we’ve been working on, we recommend you check these out:
- The Asana Engineering Guide to Mentorship
- Designing a Culture that Fuels Business Results
- How I Advanced my Career Through AsanaUP