Software Engineering Intern (Summer 2019)
We have openings for engineering interns across our different product lines, infrastructures, technology stacks, and at all experience levels. We welcome full-stack engineers, engineers that are excited about backend, engineers that are excited about data, engineers that are excited about technical leadership, and really any engineer that is excited about engineering!
Our engineering team
The Flatiron Health engineering team builds data processing pipelines, algorithmic and human-operated data curation tools, clinical workflows, and data analytics. We build systems that clean, structure, and understand clinical-level patient data as we build the largest, most comprehensive set of oncology data intelligence. We scale pipelines to handle the world's oncology data with creative engineering solutions to open-ended oncology data problems. Read about our engineering culture!
We work in a fast-paced, high-information-volume environment with complex domain challenges, which means context is key and there's always more to learn and soak up. We want to know oncology data front to back — better than anyone else in the industry — and we believe accomplishing that requires building a culture where we all like coming to work each day. In our culture, decisions are transparent and data-driven, and people are empowered to make waves.
Are you interested in changing the way the oncology world thinks about data?
As a Flatiron Software Engineering Intern, you will:
- Design and build our data infrastructure and pipelines
- Continuously ship new features for our cloud applications, from the backend to the frontend
- Learn more about cancer and the day-to-day intricacies of oncology than you can possibly imagine
- You are graduating between December 2019 and June 2020 with a BS or MS in computer science or related field
- You write clean, well-structured code, and are proficient in either functional or object-oriented programming
- You are comfortable in a Unix/Linux environment
- You are experienced in algorithms or systems software
- You are enthusiastic about working on a multi-disciplinary team
- You are passionate about our mission to improve healthcare through technology
- Contribute to an open source project
- Speak fluent Python
- Have used Pandas, R, or another data analytics tool on a messy, real-world data set
- Have developed apps using modern frontend frameworks like AngularJS / Ember.js
- Have experience with SQL or another query language
- Have deep empathy for data and a strong understanding of statistics
- Understand experimental design, and can build for collection, measurement and interpretation of results