Software Engineering Intern (Summer 2020) at Flatiron Health
We're looking for 2020 Summer Software Engineering Interns who will help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the internship role, our engineering team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in building your career.
What You'll Do
- Spend 10 weeks embedded in a fast-paced scrum team
- Design, plan, and build a project under the guidance of an experienced engineering mentor
- Whiteboard ideas, write code, work with stakeholders, and present your work
- Learn more about cancer and the day-to-day intricacies of oncology than you can possibly imagine
We have openings for engineering interns across all our different product lines and technology stacks. We welcome engineering students with a genuine passion about software engineering, whether that be in the interest in working with data or building new product features, focusing on the backend or exploring more fullstack roles - We have something for you!Who You Are
You are graduating between December 2020 and June 2021 with a BS or MS in computer science or a related field. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You write clean, well-structured code
- You have experience working in a fast-paced company
- You are enthusiastic about working on a multi-disciplinary team
- You are passionate about our mission to improve healthcare through technology
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.Extra Credit
- Contribute to an open source project
- Fluent in Python
- Have used Pandas, R, or another data analytics tool on a messy, real-world data set
- Have developed apps using modern frontend frameworks like AngularJS / Ember.js
- Have experience with SQL or another query language
- Have deep empathy for data and a strong understanding of statistics
- Understand experimental design, and can build for collection, measurement and interpretation of results
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Onboarding curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Housing support to help cover the cost of living in NY
- Lunch with the Founders, social events and Team outings
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.