Software Engineering Intern, Summer 2021 at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Justworks is seeking a Software Engineering Intern to join our world-class team for Summer 2021. As an Intern you have a strong desire to learn and to contribute. You will have the opportunity to work with prominent leaders to gain imperative knowledge and grow your skill sets while contributing to the overall success of the company.
- Design and develop functionality that are exposed via web and API
- Add capabilities to our high-volume, fault-tolerant processing infrastructure
- Implement internal services
- Enhance our testing, monitoring and continuous deployment infrastructure
- Conduct “game day” exercises to identify and understand single points of failure
- Keep extremely sensitive data compartmentalized and secure
- You have completed school projects in relevant technologies
- Strong passion for open source technology and software
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills
- Working knowledge of C, C++ and/or Java
- Distributed systems and network programming experience
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment