Software Engineering Intern - Summer
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We strive to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Come and join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?The Role
- You will work alongside engineers with experience from top technology companies. You will be building CockroachDB from the ground up and helping build the next enterprise-grade database solution for engineers and businesses across the world.
- You will be coding and testing the core of this distributed, open source database.
- Your focus will be on building a scalable, reliable, robust, usable, secure, performant database.
In your first 30 days, you will become an integrated member of our engineering team. During this time, you will work on a starter project that allows you to gain confidence in navigating the code base and gain familiarity with our engineering environment. We believe that it's important for you to take this first month to become familiar with our technology and our company.
For the next 3 months, you will contribute to CockroachDB's backend stack. After wrapping up your starter project, you will work with your manager to focus your efforts on a project that aligns with your interests and the product roadmap.You
- You are pursuing a degree in Computer Science or related technical field, graduating between December 2020 and May 2022.
- You have had exposure to course works on subjects like distributed systems, concurrency control, data replication, file systems, or SQL processing.
- You love building relationships with your colleagues. You enjoy being part of the code review process and partnering with your teammates on challenging problems.
- You have past experience as a software engineering intern working on production-level code.
- You are genuinely interested in Cockroach Labs' mission and are excited to use CockroachDB in your projects.
Our interview process consists largely of programming in a real environment, and we'll be evaluating you on the skills listed above.
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected]