Special Projects Internship
Why Join Us?
We believe education is a key driver of change and upward mobility, so we want to make sure it can be as accessible as possible. See how we’ve evolved, and also know we aren’t stopping here. #Ambitious
We believe every person counts and every student deserves the best. That’s why we eliminated the back row. Instead, everyone gets a seat in the front row and becomes one step closer to their brightest possible future. We’ve built 2U up to what it is today with this core philosophy of No Back Row, so it’s a little important. Just a little.
We’re a group of fun people all striving toward the same goal within 2U. Our teams collectively produce the culture that we thrive in—one that promotes creativity and passion. Our culture is a key aspect to our success, so we’re constantly seeking talent who can bring our eight guiding principles to life.
Introducing the Special Projects Team
The Special Projects Team is a part of the organic marketing department that is responsible for executing search engine optimization (SEO), inbound marketing, and conversion rate optimization (CRO) strategy across various 2U owned resource based web properties, such as Teach.com, OnlineMSWPrograms.com, and OnlineCounselingprograms.com.
Role and Responsibilities
The Special Projects Marketing Intern will work closely with the Special Projects Coordinator to facilitate the research, development, and production of new and creative content for various internal portal sites. Additionally, the intern will assist with marketing outreach, blog management, and social media content production. This is a hybrid role between education research, communications/PR, and marketing. Some of your roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Blog Management:
- Research, writing, and/or copyediting
- Staging content in internal content management system
- Community Outreach:
- Reach out to thought leaders in the space via email
- Market Research:
- Research for new content and projects including blog post, long-form content, infographics, and current events
- Assist with web analytics-related research and low-level analysis
- Social Media Content:
- Assist with management of social media handles including Facebook & Twitter
Things that Should be in Your Background
- Must be currently enrolled and in good standing in an undergraduate program, either part time or full time. Majors in advertising, marketing, or journalism preferred
- Excellent communication skills—verbal and written
- Focus on achieving defined results, by being detail-oriented and exceeding goals and objectives
- Skilled at Copy Editing, Social Media Outreach, Blogging, and HTML/CSS
- Familiarity with the following platforms: Google Drive, Wordpress, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn
- Possess strong knowledge of web applications and basic software
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role
- General understanding of digital marketing, PR, and/or communications
- Ability to multitask, switch priorities, and be flexible
- Desire to collaborate with colleagues
- Ability to research and understand technical documents
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change while constantly adapting and evolving with our organization
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U partners with great colleges and universities to build what we believe is the world’s best digital education. Our platform provides a comprehensive fusion of technology, services and data architecture to transform high-quality and rigorous campus-based universities into the best digital versions of themselves. 2U's No Back Row® approach allows qualified students and working professionals around the world to experience a first-rate university education and successful outcomes. To learn more, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.