Spring Compliance Intern, MBA/JD
As an intern at Betterment, you will make big contributions in a short amount of time. We invest time in teaching, training, and mentoring you while gaining from your creativity, enthusiasm, and new approaches to our inner-workings. You’ll get hands-on experience in a professional workplace, make valuable contacts, and gain knowledge for future endeavors. Best of all, you get to experience what it’s like working for a leading fintech robo-advisor in the industry — in the heart of New York City.
This is a for credit, non-paid internship opportunity.About the right team member:
We are seeking a driven student eager to flex your skills at a fast paced and innovative broker-dealer and registered investment advisor. You want to learn how a team builds and executes an efficient compliance program and you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get to work. You have a business mind, and are always seeking new and better ways to improve practices. You’ve never met a question you weren’t willing to find the answer to. You have the confidence and ability to work independently, and can communicate clearly and persuasively.At Betterment you will get to:
- Research, analyze and deliver regulatory guidance or best practices related to investment advisers and broker-dealers
- Help streamline, automate and improve compliance functionality across various business lines
- Assist with projects related to our regulatory priorities
- Provide compliance support to our Compliance Team
- Pursuing an MBA in Regulatory Compliance or a related field, Law Student with experience or interest in Regulatory Compliance
- Eligible to receive School Credit for this opportunity
- A self-starter with meticulous attention to detail
- Passionate for fintech, with an interest in personal finance & investing
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $20 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 480,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.