Strategy & Operations Training Intern at Policygenius
About the role…
Our Life Insurance Strategy & Operations team sits at the center of our Life Insurance organization and partners with our frontline teams to develop and execute strategic initiatives and accelerate the business’ effectiveness and efficiency. Our Strategy & Operations Training Intern will work closely with our Sales, Case Management, Customer Success and Client Experience teams across our NYC and Durham offices to develop and deliver strategic and tactical training methods.
You’ll help to formulate and execute exciting training programs and high-impact initiatives across our Life Insurance Operations teams. You will play an integral role in enhancing the performance of our teams and contributing to our culture all while building some processes from the ground up.
In this role, you will...
- Play a significant role in creating and implementing one or more training initiatives to support the Life Insurance Sales, Case Management, Customer Success and Client Experience teams
- Work with our Training team to expand on existing programs for new hires, including operations-specific training on systems, policies and procedures, methodologies and customer service
- Conduct assessments of our frontline operations teams to measure training effectiveness, retention, and performance
- Track training participant results, satisfaction, and performance; identify opportunities for improvement
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You are excited to learn more about operations training or are pursuing a career in Strategy and/or Ops in a startup environment
- You have demonstrated interest in designing, building, and delivering training and development programs. Experience in a high-growth / startup environment a plus
- You have (or are working towards) a Master’s degree in a field relevant to people development (e.g., education, organizational behavior, social work)
- You demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have extensive process-driven project management capabilities, with diligent attention to detail and superior organizational skills
- You are able to work cross-functionally with stakeholders across an organization
- You are passionate about developing talent and building the capabilities of front line teams
- You have experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel) and Google G Suite (e.g., Sheets, Google Docs). Experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and CRM systems a plus
You can expect...
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!