Summer 2020 Undergrad Internship - Marketing at Rent the Runway
About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Internship Program:
As a Marketing intern, you will have the unique opportunity to be fully integrated into the Rent the Runway business. You will gain a holistic picture of how we have transformed the fashion industry and continue to scale our business. You will influence business plans and communication with a focus on key marketing priorities. This is a paid internship in our corporate HQ office. All applicants must be available to work 40 hours a week during the program dates to be considered.
For this program, you’ll be able to choose from 3 areas of focus:
- Community Marketing
- RTR’s success has always been fueled by our community and word-of-mouth growth. Help build our community, starting in our local markets, to amplify our presence and activate and engage our local community, build brand loyalty and drive viral growth.
- College Marketing
- Help manage our 500+ member College Rep Community, develop and execute creative on-campus programming and digital campaigns, and scale RTR’s presence on college campuses from the ground up.
- Social Media Marketing
- Use data and analysis to support our organic and paid social channels and increase traffic, conversion, and revenue.
What You’ll Do:
- Take ownership from day one; jumpstart your career as a full-fledged part of our business, immediately owning critical marketing projects, joining cross-functional teams, supporting decisions and liaising with departments across the company
- Take a proactive role by contributing thoughtful and valuable work, taking ownership of assigned tasks, and collaborating with peers
- Be challenged to find innovative solutions to unique business challenges and continuously evolving needs, constantly iterating and learning as you go
You Should Be:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent (graduation expected Fall 2020 to Spring 2022)
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week at HQ in New York City from June 8 - August 14, 2020
- Experience problem solving and communicating about issues with individual stakeholders with a willingness to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- An organized approach to prioritizing projects and the ability to multitask
- Scrappy, roll up your sleeves approach to problem-solving
- Gain unique exposure to various disciplines based on business needs and your individualized strengths
- Stretch your comfort zone, challenge your boundaries, fail, and get better
- Develop your communication, presentation, analytical, strategic, leadership and collaboration skills
- Participate in specialized programming developed by RTR such as networking with executives, lunch learn presentations, mentoring opportunities, leadership development, special projects, etc.