Summer 2020 Undergraduate Internship - Engineering at Rent the Runway
Engineering works on challenging, customer-focused problems across the boundaries of e-commerce, mobile, analytics and shipping/fulfillment, and the backbone of our business is served by our custom logistics management system which is core to our capacity to deliver the right product to the right user at the right time. We utilize data, engineering, and algorithms to craft a personalized website and an adaptive supply chain to fulfill our dedication to an amazing customer experience.
Engineers at Rent the Runway focus on solving business problems first, and receive the satisfaction that they have a true impact on the success of the company. We are an innovation-focused team and want engineers who are passionate about seeing opportunities and going after them. Many of our engineers are entrepreneurs themselves, and we strongly encourage a transparent, collaborative, customer-first culture across our organization. We are a diverse team and welcome applicants with both CS and non-traditional backgrounds.About the Internship Program:
As a Software Engineering Intern at Rent the Runway, your primary responsibility will be to develop testable and performant code. Most importantly, you will be working with a mentor with whom you craft substantial projects.
Throughout the Internship Program, you will be working on projects throughout our entire tech stack, building out new features and business models while balancing system performance, monitoring, and correctness. You'll have the opportunity to work alongside a phenomenal, tight-knit team that wants to see you achieve mastery. This is a paid internship in our corporate HQ office. All applicants must be available to work 40 hours a week during the program dates to be considered.About the Job:
- You will participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Expect to write clean, approachable, and testable code epitomizing SOLID principles that lead to good software development.
- You'll work in a close, collaborative environment, with business partners and designers to rapidly iterate on the best ideas.
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree (expected graduation Fall 2020 through Spring 2022)
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week at HQ in New York City from June 8-August 14, 2020
- Working towards a degree in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent
- Able & willing to learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Working, or have worked on engineering projects in school as part of your curriculum
- Have the ability to manage your time and juggle competing priorities
- Be organized and detail-oriented
- Be a scrappy self-starter who knows how to prioritize and take ownership without a lot of structure.
- Gain unique exposure to various disciplines based on business needs and your individualized strengths
- Stretch your comfort zone, challenge your boundaries, fail, and get better
- Develop your communication, presentation, analytical, strategic, leadership and collaboration skills
- Participate in specialized programming developed by RTR such as networking with executives, lunch learn presentations, mentoring opportunities, leadership development, special projects, etc.