Summer 2021 MBA Intern - Sales Strategy & Operations at Celonis
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of instruments and applications, with a developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users. The Celonis EMS offerings help companies manage every facet of execution management from analytics, to strategy and planning, management, actions and automations. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Celonis has thousands of global customers including ABB, AstraZeneca, Bosch, Coca Cola, Citibank, Dell, GSK, John Deere, L’Oreal, Siemens, Uber, Vodafone and Whirlpool. All rely on Celonis technology to unlock their full execution capacity and drive change to business processes. Celonis is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, New York, and has in total 15 offices worldwide. The company has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. In 2019, Celonis reached a $2.5 billion valuation, after receiving a $290 million Series C funding round. Since opening its US headquarter in New York in September 2016 it has quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to its client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of its total revenue, and therefore expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, Ann Arbor, as well as Latin America.
This Sales Strategy & Operations professional will play a crucial role in driving the rocketship growth of Celonis in the North American markets. This role is a hybrid of traditional jobs in strategic planning, sales operations, finance, and business analytics – requiring a mix of strategy, go-to-market design, market analysis, sales optimization, and business operational support.
Success in this role means assisting the sales leaders to drive the continued success of Celonis by designing innovative go-to-market solutions and supporting our business growth strategy. Sample projects range from the highly strategic to operational including evaluating market opportunities, business planning, market segmentation, sales pipeline analysis and regular review of key performance metrics. The role requires interaction with various areas of the organization and provides daily exposure to senior executives. The successful candidate will have relentless curiosity and possess a passion for extracting insights from data and converting ideas to action.
The successful candidate will enjoy driving change in a business & seeing fast results. This is a unique opportunity to have a direct influence on taking a 100%+ YoY, unicorn business to the next level. This position reports to the Head of Sales Strategy & Operations, North America.
- Structure and drive key strategic initiatives focused on improving business performance
- Identify key opportunities for business improvement through analytics, quantitative insights, and good business sense
- Design and interpret key performance metrics
- Assist with ad hoc requests and projects from the sales organization
- Become the go-to expert on the areas of the business you support
- Currently pursuing an MBA degree, graduating in Spring 2022
- 2-5 years of work/internship experience in investment banking, consulting, or strategy/business operations prior to MBA
- Strong background in Microsoft XLS, Powerpoint
- Effective, clear, and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable and flexible working in a fast-paced environment
- Results-driven, self-motivated, and able to work independently
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and self confidence
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience working closely with senior sales leaders, prior exposure to high-growth work environments, and a strong understanding of SaaS business models and go-to-market principles are all highly desirable
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.