Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success.
About This Position:
We're seeking an independent, efficient, and hard-working intern who genuinely enjoys helping others. A successful team member is an avid user of our apps, an excellent written communicator, and a natural problem solver. As a part of the Support & Product Operations Team, you will be on the frontline of both internal and external support; assisting our worldwide community of over 55 million users, merchants, and Superusers, as well as our internal engineering teams. This is a paid, 4-month internship for a minimum of 40 hours per week, offered in our SoHo, NYC office. While there are no guaranteed full-time opportunities available after this internship, former interns from our Product and Support Operations team have gone on to full-time opportunities at dynamic companies including Abacus, Etsy, Kickstarter, Buzzfeed, HBO, and more! This is a great way to get your foot in the door with the booming tech industry!
Day to day tasks will include responding to support requests, escalating potential product issues, as well as assisting with new business onboarding. In addition to these primary tasks you’ll be involved in:
- Curating and vetting popular venues in our database to help ensure users are getting super-personalized recommendations.
- Working with beta versions of the apps through quality assurance testing.
- Working alongside some of the best and brightest in the industry, you’ll be able to experience the many different aspects of the tech community and help out with projects that align with your passions and pique your interests.
- 0-2 Years experience in a customer service, hospitality or relevant role
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written). You’ll be talking to users from all over the world, every day.
- Attention to detail and a careful eye to help identify, troubleshoot, and report bugs. We’re the eyes and ears of the company; when something occasionally goes wrong, we’re the first to know.
- Jack of all trades. You can multitask like a boss and get things done in a timely manner. We’re the Swiss Army knife of the company, and the ability to prioritize is a must.
- Experience with OS X and Google Apps. You don’t have to be an Excel guru, but you should know your way around a spreadsheet.
- A passionate Foursquare and/or Swarm user. We’re providing expert insider info to our community, so having a leg up is a plus.
- Bonus: Prior experience with Zendesk, Asana, and other support and community management tools. We don’t expect this of anyone, but definitely, let us know if you’re familiar with these things!
Currently interviewing for upcoming start date slots:
*When applying, please indicate which start date you're aiming to interview for*
- March 19, 2018
- April 9, 2018
- May 7, 2018