Haven Life is an insurtech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 100 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT OUR TECH DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM:
You will be joining a small, experienced technology team responsible for our advanced online financial services application. As a contributing member of the team, you will have the opportunity to own and deliver a meaningful project throughout your internship. During this time, you will work closely with experienced software engineers, receiving mentorship and guidance, and contributing to both our complex platform as well as to our collaborative, inclusive culture. You’ll get to work with cutting edge technologies such as Typescript, Node.js, Angular 6, Postgres and AWS.
Our Tech Development Program is a 12 month rotational program that will give you hands on exposure to all aspects of our engineering team as a Full Stack Developer. You will be part of a small cohort of new hires. The first 6 months of the program you will be learning about the business side of the company and the life insurance industry. You will work with our product facing teams to get hands on experience. The last 6 months of the program you will learn more about the backhouse aspects of our product. You will work with teams that handle our underwriting, policy administration and risk solutions. The goal of this rotational program is to give you a hands on learning experience while receiving mentorship from our more senior developers. The program will begin in July 2021.
Here are some examples of the work you will be doing:
- Developing additions to as well as evolving how we currently underwrite our policies
- Developing tools that will help us process large quantities of insurance applications from several different sources
- Defining and applying rule sets for third party data feeds
- Work on integrations with third party APIs and services
- Contribute to and develop quality microservices
- Contribute to the bread and butter of our organization: the apps! You can develop customer facing components on several different applications
Our work is varied and challenging, and you get to be an integral part of that!
WHAT WE’D LOVE TO SEE FROM YOU:
- Exposure to modern MVC (Model-view-controller) frameworks and front end frameworks such as Angular or React
- Solid grounding in data driven applications and concepts (data/object modeling, database systems)
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm about technology, new trends in the tech space, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Comfortable expressing points of view while respecting those of others
- Participation in CS-related clubs, events, hackathons or side projects
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship
- Must be able to work full-time from our Manhattan office
- Completed a BS/Masters in Computer Science or related field at time of hire (Grad Year: Spring 2021)
- Research / papers in CS
- Internship experience in a start-up environment
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.