Tech Development Program - Summer 2022 at Haven Technologies
Haven Technologies has built deep capabilities in the life, annuity and disability insurance spaces. And now, our tech is your tech.
The same purpose-built platform and expertise that have helped us delight customers, transform complex, advisor-driven businesses, and launch groundbreaking products with speed are available to everyone as a SaaS offering. Insurance carriers can use our advanced solutions for new business, in-force management and product development.
But Haven Technologies is not just, well, all about technology. Our people and culture make our product. We believe magic happens when people have an opportunity to work with amazing colleagues and build things that matter.
As a team made of over 300+ dreamers, possibility-seekers and difference-makers, we are focused on taking on challenging problems to create simple, more accessible, and more customer centric solutions. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too. If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you. Curious about what it’s like to work with us? Read about our culture and values here!
Let’s change the future of life insurance. Together.
ABOUT OUR TECH DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM:
You will be joining a small, experienced technology team responsible for our advanced online financial services application. During this time, you will work closely with experienced software engineers, receiving mentorship and guidance, and contributing to both our complex platform as well as to our collaborative, inclusive culture. You’ll get to work with cutting edge technologies such as Typescript, Node.js, Angular 6, Postgres and AWS.
Our Tech Development Program is a 12 month rotational program that will give you hands on exposure to all aspects of our engineering team as a Full Stack Developer. You will be part of a small cohort of new hires. The first 6 months of the program you will be learning about the business side of the company and the life insurance industry. You will work with our product facing teams to get hands on experience. The last 6 months of the program you will learn more about the backhouse aspects of our product. You will work with teams that handle our underwriting, policy administration and risk solutions. The goal of this rotational program is to give you a hands on learning experience while receiving mentorship from our more senior developers. The program will begin in July 2021.
Here are some examples of the work you will be doing:
- Developing additions to as well as evolving how we currently underwrite our policies
- Developing tools that will help us process large quantities of insurance applications from several different sources
- Defining and applying rule sets for third party data feeds
- Work on integrations with third party APIs and services
- Contribute to and develop quality microservices
- Contribute to the bread and butter of our organization: the apps! You can develop customer facing components on several different applications
Our work is varied and challenging, and you get to be an integral part of that!
WHAT WE’D LOVE TO SEE FROM YOU:
- Completed a BS/Masters in Computer Science or related field at time of hire
- Exposure to modern MVC (Model-view-controller) frameworks and front end frameworks such as Angular or React
- Solid grounding in data driven applications and concepts (data/object modeling, database systems)
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm about technology, new trends in the tech space, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Comfortable expressing points of view while respecting those of others
- Participation in CS-related clubs, events, hackathons or side projects
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship
- Must be able to work full-time from our Manhattan office when we return in-person
- Completing a BS or MS in the spring of 2022
- Research / papers in CS
- Internship experience in a start-up environment
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
We believe that one of the benefits to working here is our people and culture! We’re proud to share that we’ve been consistently named a top workplace by Great Places to Work (#11 Best Workplaces in New York, #15 Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance) and BuiltIn (#2 Best Places to Work in NYC)!
As part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in our vaccine record tool, vaccination or regular testing, mask-wearing, social distancing, and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with evolving public health landscape. Haven Technologies will consider all legally required exemptions and accommodation requests.
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.