Technical Operations Engineer Intern (Summer 2021) at Gemini
Help Us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Infrastructure
Gemini’s Infrastructure teams are key experts in building and operating Gemini's world class cryptocurrency exchange systems and networks, using a combination of high-speed data center equipment and cloud-hosted components. With a focus on building, automating, and scaling Gemini’s product offerings, the Infrastructure keeps a close eye on the horizon and thinks steps ahead of the company’s business needs to collaboratively build and scale its growing footprint.
The Role: Technical Operations Engineer Intern
Gemini is looking for an engineering intern who is passionate about automation and monitoring to join our Technical Operations teams this summer. In this internship you will get a tour through the three parts of TechOps: Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Information Technology (IT), and Technology Governance; you’ll work with each to understand and contribute to our mission of delivering a reliable, robust, and performant technology platform to Gemini’s employees and customers.
Cryptocurrency work experience is not required but a passion to learn is!
- Where: This role is virtual, but if you’re located in the New York or Chicago areas you’ll optionally get access to our datacenters to work hands-on with our technology platform. This has the potential to lead to full time hire in any of our Gemini offices.
- When: June 7th to August 13th 2021 with hopes to start full time after college graduation in summer 2022
- Why: The Tech Ops team has exciting projects that need your input! These include (but are not limited to):
- Developing tooling to identify, manage, alert, and fix vulnerabilities on employee Macbooks with our IT team
- Developing tooling to identify, manage, alert, and fix vulnerabilities on production exchange systems with our SRE team
- Understanding how technology processes are managed, and managing incidents, changes and problems with our Technology Governance team
Who You Are:
- You’re excited to focus on answering the question “How can I make this technology run smoother, faster, and more efficiently, at scale?”
- You’re passionate about understanding what makes complex technology tick
- You enjoy delving into the many components that make up a modern tech platform in order to to identify key indicators of problems and performance
- You’re really interested in turning complex workflows into seamless, automated processes that produce simple, repeatable outcomes and handle exceptions in their stride
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to actively and effectively with new peers, engineers, mentors, and distinguished leaders
- You can independently bring definition to difficult problems in order to help solve them
- You’re currently attending and enrolled full time and in good standing at an accredited undergraduate program and anticipated to graduate in 2022
- You’re majoring in the fields of technology and/or science, particularly Computer Science or Information Technology, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
What We're Looking For:
- Software engineering proficiency, particularly with respect to best practices and team development of high quality code
- Proficiency in a common programming language, e.g., Python
- Excellent problem identification and solving skills with the ability to construct and test clear hypotheses
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.