User Research Intern at OkCupid
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:03 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, April 14, 2020
OkCupid’s Product Team is looking to hire a curious and empathetic User Research Intern for the 2020 Summer season!
Every single day OkCupid is responsible for 40,000 first dates, some of which turn into people finding their life partner. Statistically speaking, odds are good that someone you know has found a date on OkCupid (seriously, just ask around). Come be a part of the talented and passionate team that makes this possible.
As a User Research Intern at OkCupid, you’ll have the opportunity to dig deep into the experiences and behavior of a vast and diverse user base: online daters. You’ll be responsible for conducting qualitative research projects with our users as well as help support and grow the research practice at OkCupid. Our product team is mighty and lean, so as an intern, you’ll be conducting research that will directly influence key features in our product roadmap and shape the face of dating in the U.S. and beyond.
This internship is ideal for a student working toward a degree in a related field or a young professional interested in transitioning into the user research field. This role will report to the User Researcher, but should expect to work with designers and PMs to carry out research projects and iterate on design prototypes.
This Research Intern will work from our New York office. Please note that relocation support is not provided and this temporary internship will not convert to a full time, permanent position.
Some things you'll do:
- Design and conduct interviews with OkCupid users on new and potential features
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data
- Generate actionable insights and recommendations based on qualitative data
- Collaborate with designers and PMs to communicate findings and iterate on designs
- Recruit and schedule interview participants
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Information Science, Anthropology, Sociology, STS, or related technical field.
- Experience conducting qualitative user research.
- Relevant internship work, work experience, or project experience in an applied research setting including, but not limited to, integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Currently pursuing an MS or PhD in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Information Science, Anthropology, Sociology, STS, or related technical field.
- Knowledge of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Knowledge of survey design, statistical analysis and usability studies.
OkCupid is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees.
Read Full Job Description