UX Content Strategy Intern - Summer 2020
Squarespace’s mission is to provide creative tools that power the future of the web, and provide elegant solutions that set new standards for online publishing. To us, good design means coalescing hundreds of details into a package that is simple and beautiful, and our growing UX Content Strategy team is an instrumental part of the process. We’re looking for an intern to work as part of the UX Content Strategy team, within the Product Design organization. You’ll be responsible for creating in-product content for Squarespace’s user interface, across a variety of surfaces and high-impact projects.
The right candidate is an opinionated and experienced writer, has an interest in information architecture and interaction design, an enthusiasm for creating outstanding user experience, and a strong ability to track down details and organize deliverables. This intern will report to a senior content strategist in our NYC headquarters.
- Learn Squarespace’s content standards and best practices
- Develop content for Squarespace’s web and mobile interfaces
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders on the product team
- Share and receive feedback to maintain overall content quality
- Currently enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program for English, journalism, information design, human centered design, media studies, or a related field, with an expected graduation date of Spring 2020, December 2020, or Spring 2021
- A portfolio of writing samples
- Strong writing, communication, and collaboration skills
- Experience writing, editing, and managing online content, especially for mobile surfaces
- Experience working on projects with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work proactively and navigate ambiguity
- Ability to multitask and manage shifting priorities
- Some familiarity with HCI and UX/UI best practices
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.