UX Research Co-Op Intern - Fall 2019 at Latch
* This is a fall co-op internship based in New York City. Latch does not provide housing or a relocation stipend for interns. Additionally, this intern must be able to commit to working either part-time or full-time over the semester; 20 - 40 hours/week. *
Latch is hiring a UX Research Intern for the Fall 2019 semester, to work with product managers and designers to conduct user research. This will include planning studies, running study sessions, analyzing and reporting on findings. This intern must have an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of various research methodologies and when to apply them.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully-integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Work with product managers and designers to determine research needs
- Proactively identify product knowledge gaps
- Identify the best methods to answer research questions
- Create study plans and study scripts
- Recruit study participants
- Run research studies in conjunction with researchers, product managers, and designers
- Take research detailed research notes
- Analyze and communicate study findings to the appropriate stakeholders
- Current graduate or undergraduate student studying Human Factors, HCI, Design, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Communications, Marketing, Anthropology, Interaction Design or similar
- Available to work 20-40 hours a week in Latch’s New York office
- Understanding of a variety of research methods
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with key stakeholders
- Ability to probe deeply into research requests to understand the underlying goals and decisions that need to be made based on the research initiative
- Nice to have: a solid foundational knowledge of statistical principles
Founded in 2013, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self-starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.