Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success.e.
About the role:
The role of the venues intern is to support the Venues team with critical data quality and data coverage projects.
The internship will last for 4 months and will require a full 40 hour week for the duration of the intern program. Candidates will need to be able to start immediately, as this is not a summer internship.
- Use internal tools to create manual place shapes for malls, airports, car dealerships, etc.
- Gather information on the number of expected venues we should find for our Top 1,000 chains
- Analyze the gap between expected venues and actual venues in our database
- Deep dives on specific chains to validate that our venue-level firmographic data is correct
- Help complete manual store harmonization work and/or manual store eval work
- Gather ‘training sets’ for venues models
- Support ad hoc analyses for large partners, e.g. Apple, Uber, hedge funds
- Analyze chain coverage in targeted international markets to support Pinpoint and Place Insights
- Help build out our mapping of Ticker Symbol Chain name
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organization skills
- Familiarity with using the internet to research a topic
- Experience working Mac OS and Google Suite Products is a plus
- Interest in Location-based technology is a plus