Video Editing & Motion Graphics Intern at Hydrant
We're looking for a hungry, growth-mindset candidate to join us as our Video Editing Intern. You will be working together closely with our Creative, Brand, and Growth teams to elevate and differentiate our brand by creating the most disruptive, exciting, and thumb-stopping videos on the web. This candidate will need to be motivated, organized, and flexible. An interest in fitness, Consumer Products, health/wellness brands a plus.
This paid internship will take place for three months with the possibility to transition into a longer-term position. This position can be remote, with the potential to sit in at the Tribeca HQ in NYC pending city safety regulations.
- Rapidly edit, ideate, and new videos including, but not limited to, editing user-generated content and creating graphic-intensive cuts for paid ads on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and other marketing platforms in coordination with Creative & Growth team members
- Animate text, transitions, and graphics (such as icons or illustrations) on existing Hydrant video ranging from 5 seconds to 50 seconds assets
- Assist with the ongoing video strategy of digital ads & video-related content
- Collaborate with the creative, brand, and growth teams on various projects in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Maintain accuracy, attention to detail, and brand guidelines throughout the creative and production process
- Pursuing a degree in film, media, photography, graphic design, or equivalent. Interest in marketing and social media a plus.
- Proficient in Adobe After Effects, Premier and Media Encoder
- Inclusive, creative, curious, with a desire to learn & a growth mindset
- Able to commit to being online 25 hours per week for three months
- Portfolio showcasing work that showcases both short for motion graphics as well as video editing
NICE TO HAVES
- Strong knowledge of typography, hierarchy, principles of animation, video timing, and cadence
- Experience in digital advertising, experience in startups
- A love for all things disruptive, thumb-stopping, and innovative. TikTok meme experience welcomed.
Hydrant is an early-stage CPG startup focused on empowering everyone to live healthier by creating and promoting the most effective, science-driven hydration possible. Our core values of high-performance, data-driven DNA, accountability, and growth mindset means that we keep it real, work hard, support our teammates, and growth to not only better our company but also ourselves. You can expect exposure to cross-departmental projects, a collaborative, open-door (virtual) policy, and an environment full of learning opportunities, growth, and skill development (plus, free Hydrant!).