Video Intern at Group Nine Media
NowThis is currently seeking Video Interns to expose young students and aspiring media professionals to the process of creating, producing and publishing NowThis videos.
NowThis is a socially distributed news company that produces 50+ daily video updates for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, Android and iOS apps, and the mobile web. This summer, interns will have a hand to assisting every facet of our news production. This includes researching, finding, and pitching stories, scripting and editing video projects, and learning insights and analytics about our social distribution strategies. Interns will also be expected to complete a summer-long personal project documenting their progress within the program. In short, interns will gain a firsthand look at how stories are identified and covered from the heart of a newsroom. They’re also expected to serve as full-fledged members of their team.
- Gather video assets, compile footage, and secure permission from outside sources
- Research, fact-checking, subtitling, script writing
- Assist on field or studios shoots when necessary
- Basic video editing: create loops, raw videos, Instagram cut-downs, translated language edits
- Assist publishing teammates in daily workflow, write copy & headlines, help manage social channels
- Log analytic insights: tracking data, tagging, metadata
- Assist with studio and control room coordination, organization and management
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong interest in media, journalism or video editing
- Passionate, keen eye for detail, and the ability to multitask
- College degree or active progress towards a degree related to video
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite & Google Docs
- Strong familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite - specifically Premiere, Photoshop and InDesign
- A self-starter with a strong desire to learn
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and an intrepid eye for news is a plus
- G-suite applications, experience using Adobe Premier is a plus
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies and the #1 publisher on Facebook Watch, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views [source: Crowd platform specific analytics modules] and reaching 81% of U.S. adults in their 20s [source: Nielsen]. With over 120 million social engagements each month [source: ListenFirst Media], Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched social news brand in the world), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and curiosity). Group Nine recently acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion and Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.